Here you will come to know about top 1 car models which will not be available in the Indian market anymore from 2020. Some of the most popular car brand manufacturers in India such as Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Toyota, Mahindra, Tata Motors and Volkswagon will not be available in India.
Top 10 Car Models to be Discontinued in 2020
The Indian car market is ever revolving as the branded car manufacturers brought new car models to the market depending on the changing needs and demands of the customers. Customers in India mainly look for the cars that are –
- More stylish and loaded with advanced features
- Good aesthetics and design
- Fully loaded safety features
As per the norms of All-New Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program, 15 car models are likely to be discontinued from March 2019 to March 2020. Here is a list –
- Fiat India Punto, Avventura, Linea: Fiat India Punto, Linea, and Avventura: Fiat entire Line of Avventura, Punto and Linea these models will be available up to this year only. It will end up the era of the Fiat brand and will bring FCA Jeep brand from the year 2020 onwards.
2. Honda BRV: Honda BRV is a 7 seater car but it is facing serious trouble in spite of offering more than rupees 1 lakh discount in the year 2019. Its sales nowhere give competition to car models like Ertiga 7 seater or Hyundai Creta. It is expected that BRV car models will soon be abolished from the Indian market before March 2020.
3. Mahindra Xylo –This car model has been launched in the year 2009. Initially, it has got huge success, but later on, with its limited updates, it started losing its fan base and consumers’ changing preferences has led to a great fall in its sale. Mahindra has discontinued this model in the year 2018 and will soon launch a new model the New TUV50 with 7 seater space.
4. Tata Zest – Zest will be discontinued in the Indian market from April 2020.
5. Tata Bolt – Tata Bolt seems to be an odd one after the successful launch of Tiago. It is available with the same price tag. Cars like Nexon and Zest are for those who are looking for a better option than Tata Bolt.
6. Tata Safari Storme – It will bring an end to an era to safari era and BS 6 will emerge as its standard form in India.
7. Sumo Gold – it is one of the oldest passenger vehicle from the brand Tata Motors which has been introduced almost more than 25 years ago. Tata Motors has now shifted its focus to new age products and therefore, it is assumed that the brand will soon bring to an end to an era of Sumo Gold.
8. Maruti Omni – Maruti Suzuki will be available until the year 2020. The design of this car is made such a way that it seems this model requires an upgrade from its manufacturers to match the upcoming requirements of BNVSA program.
9. Mahindra Verito and Verito Vibe – Mahindra brand is known for its SUV segment of cars like Verito and vibe but it is believed that these two car models will not be available in the Indian market anymore.
10. Maruti Gypsy – This 2019 will be the last era for Maruti Suzuki Gypsy before the beginning of the era 2020. The upcoming model Maruti Jimny could bring the replacement of Gypsy.