Are you fond of eating dry chicken roast and for that you have to visit a restaurant every weekend? Now you don’t need to go outside to eat your favorite dish because you can now prepare your chicken roast at home by following this step by step guide. Dry chicken recipe is very simple and delicious. All you have to do is to follow the basic techniques so you can have a lip smacking chicken dry fry. Chicken roast recipe has the elements of both Malabari and goan styles. Though it is a dry kind of dish with a little amount of gravy, this chicken dry fry recipe tastes really good when it is served with plain boiled rice.
You can team it up with parathas and chapatis also. Add a fresh green salad and you can have a well-rounded meal. For preparing dry chicken recipes, you need a minimal amount of ingredients and the dish will be super delicious. If you love to eat food that is high in species, you must try this fiery dish. Here is an easy chicken dry recipe which you can make in a few minutes. So, without wasting much time, let’s check it out –
Ingredients required for making dry chicken recipe
Ingredients required –
- 3 pieces of cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- ½ teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cardamom seeds
- 1 Teaspoon of fennel seeds
- One-fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Half teaspoon of black peppercon
- Half teaspoon of red chili powder
- 3 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 3 to 4 teaspoon of sunflower oil
- Two large medium size chopped onion
- 2 spoon of garlic paste
- Two tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 pound boneless chicken thigh cut into 2 –inch chunks
- Salt to taste
- Coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 teaspoon of vinegar
- Finely chopped cilantro
Steps to follow for preparing dry chicken roast
- Gather all the ingredients
- Grind the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and peppercorn together and make a fine powder in a food processor or in a mixer grinder
- Mix the red chili, turmeric, cumin and coriander powder with the above species and stir to blend. Set them aside for later use.
- Now take heavy bottomed pan and place on the cooking stove on a medium heat. Now heat the cooking oil. When you find that oil is hot, add finely chopped onions into it and dry them until they turn golden brown. Stir them often to prevent them from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Now it’s time to add ginger and garlic paste and saute for at least 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure you cook it until turns brown color.
- Add the chicken pieces to it and salt to taste. Mix them well and cook, stir them frequently until the chicken turns brown on all sides.
- Now it’s time to add the powdered mix which you have prepared earlier and stir well. Cook them unit it releases a cooked aroma. Add the coconut cream as per your taste and mix them well.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat and cook. Check it in every two to three minutes to prevent it from burning. After 10 minutes of cooking, remove the cover and cook them until the gravy dried up and turned thick and brown color.
- Now add sugar as per your taste and ½ teaspoon of white vinegar. Mix them well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more and then turn off the stove. Add salt if required and garnish it with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Your dry chicken roast is ready. Serve it with plain rice, paratha or roti along with green salad.
Some secrets of preparing dry chicken recipe
- Cooking the chicken on medium-high heat during the last five minutes will give a dark and fried coating to the chicken pieces and it will look more delicious. This thick gravy gives a coating to the chicken and the curry becomes irresistible.
- If you want to make the color of the chicken red, add one teaspoon of Kashmiri chilly powder during the last five minutes of cooking and mix well. It will give a vibrant red color to the chicken without extra heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you moisten dry chicken?
Answer: You need to moisten the chicken with a simple and plain sauce that goes well with the chicken. If you want you can try any kind of pasta sauce or condiments. If you don’t like to go fency, you can make your own sauce at home by mixing lemon juice with hot sauce which will add a nice tangy flavor to the chicken.
- What is the definition of dry curry?
Answer: Most of the curry dishes contain meat, fish, poultry either alone or with vegetables. You can prepare vegetable curry as well. Dry curries are those which are prepared by using a little amount of water which is allowed to evaporate and leave the other ingredients in the gravy coated with the spices mixture.
- Which type of chicken is best to eat?
The chicken pieces you eat depends on your fitness goals. While chicken is truly a great source of protein, some chicken pieces contain high amount of fat such as the drumstick, the thigh and the wings. However, if you are trying to lose excess weight, the chicken breast piece is the best option for you.
- Is tandoori chicken a healthy dish?
Yes, tandoori chicken is a healthy dish and all thanks goes to its lean meat amount and the process of cooking this dish. The grilling method which is applied in cooking this recipe makes it a healthy dish because this process of cooking does not require much oil and thus the protein retains in food. The chicken pieces are marinated well with yogurt before the grilling process starts.
- Is eating chicken on every day basis a healthy option?
Well, eating chicken on everyday basis is not bad but you have to choose the right process of cooking it so that it does not cause any harm to your body. Sometimes, chicken may cause food poisoning because of the presence of salmonella. It is a kind of bacteria which is mostly found in poultry chicken and therefore, it causes food-borne illness.
- What is the healthiest poultry chicken to eat?
Turkey is the healthiest poultry to eat. Like chicken, it has all essential amino acids. Not only this, it has also lower amount of saturated fat that the red meat.
- Which is the healthiest part of a chicken?
Both chicken breasts and thighs are good sources of protein. However, they differ in respect of amount of calories and saturated fat. For example, chicken breasts provide around 140 gram calories, 3 gram fat and 1 gram of saturated fat.
- Which one is the healthier chicken or turkey?
Well, Turkey is comparable to chicken in respect of nutrients. However, white and dark meat are a bit leaner.
- What is the healthiest way to cook chicken?
One of the healthiest ways to cook chicken is to bake it or fry it with vegetables. Put all the parts of the chicken in a baking oven, brush a little bit of olive oil and surround them with vegetables like carrots, lemon, garlic and whatever vegetable you like. Bake them at around 350 degree Celsius until they turn deep brown.
- How long do I need boil the chicken to shred it?
- In a large pot put all the pieces of chicken and keep on a stove on medium-high heat. Now place a cover and season them generously by adding salt and pepper.
- When it starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium, let it simmer for at least 10 minutes
- Now shred the chicken with two forks